Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Coupon Lingo!

Below is a list of the coupon lingo that you will see strewn around the internet involving coupons.  This is here to help you understand what it all means!

Blinkie
A coupon found in small machines in the store.

BOGOF, Or B1G1F
Buy One Get One Free

CAT
Catalina.  (Printed at the register after your transaction.)

CRT
Cash Register Tape.  (Where ECBs and coupons are printed at CVS.)

DND
Do Not Double. 

ECB
Extra Care Bucks from CVS.

ETS
Excludes Trial Sizes.

Exp.
Expires.

GC
Gift Card.  

IP or Printable
Internet printable coupon.

IVC
Instant Value Coupon.  (Walgreens' store coupons found in their ads and monthly booklet.) 

MIR
Mail-In Rebate.

NLA
No Longer Available.  (Usually reffering to a printable coupon.)

ONYP
On Your Next Purchase.  (Usually referring to a CAT.)

OOP
Out Of Pocket expense.

OOS
Out Of Stock. 

Peelie
Coupon stuck on a product in store.

PSA
Prices Starting At.

Q
Coupon.

RR
Register Rewards from Walgreens.

Tearpad
Coupon found in store on a pad.

Stacking
Using both a manufacturer's coupon and a store coupon for one item.

UPC
Universal Product Code; the bar code on an item.  

WYB
When You Buy.

YMMV
Your Manager May Vary.   (This means that some stores might give you the deal, but others may not.)

10 comments:

FirstComesBaby said...

Good to know! I've seen some of these before and been unsure about them. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Following you back every way I can find!
Angela@ First Comes Baby...

Unknown said...

Thanks for following me I am now following you. I also voted on the picketfence for your blog it is very nice.

Patricia said...

Nice list to have on hand. Following you now on GFC, Facebook and Twitter. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment and most of all for following me.

Mommy Five-O said...

Great site! I'm following you back!

Create With Joy said...

Thanks for joining me at Create With Joy. I'm your 50th GFC follower! :-) This is such a useful list!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.com

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

Following you back from the weekend hop!
Vicky @ http://messforless.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hey Courtney! Thanks for following I am now following you back..Im a young couponin stay at home mama also! Anyways take care :)

Janelle

Unknown said...

Couponing is such a great way to save money! I love it!

Thanks for the follow, I am now following you!

www.theclumsycoquette.com

Unknown said...

Love this...it really helps!

Jacqui Honeywood said...

Hey Courtney, I'm following back from the weekend blog hop. Thanks for following my blog, I'm you latest follower on Twitter, FB and google friends. Geez you put in a lot of time here! Nice work :)

Post a Comment